Liam Delap, son of former Stoke midfielder Rory Delap, took just 18 minutes to score on his City debut with a fine finish into the top corner from Foden’s pass.
However, the lead lasted just four minutes as Bournemouth’s Sam Sturridge spun inside the City box before firing into the far corner.
Guardiola introduced the artillery he had on the bench after half-time in Kevin de Bruyne and Raheem Sterling, but it was another first-team regular in Foden who made the breakthrough after Riyad Mahrez’s shot came back off the post. City will travel to Burnley in the last 16.
Still just 17,Delap has now propelled himself into the history books by making an immediate impact on his debut in the Carabao Cup match.
He was cool, composed, and looked absolutely ready for the first team. With Sergio Agüero injured, he proved himself worthy of a regular bench role in the near future.
He joined Man City from Derby County in 2019 and was part of the team that won the Under-18 Premier League title last season.
➽ ‘They’ve walked away’ – Journalist Makes claim on Manchester City’s chase of Koulibaly
➽ ‘If they get him, we’re done’ – Fans reacts as Liverpool ‘actively trying to sign’ Man City defensive target
➽ ‘He’s unbelievable’ – Man City fans react as club owners’ make $10M bid for Argentine wonderkid
➽ Pep Guardiola has Bayern Munich’s emerging star in mind for Manchester City in 2021
➽ Manchester City seek deadline extension to sign La Liga defender despite €85m Bid rejected – Reports
Loved him ! He’s a monster. Bullied everyone, doesn’t care one bit and just goes straight into it
— KDBallon d’Or (@LostAbove) September 24, 2020
I like him. Arrogant, ballsy, aggressive. Just the 3rd striker we need.
— Antti Jousmäki (@AntJou) September 24, 2020
Having seen @liamdelap in Academy games and in training. His goals to chances ratio is high. Probably the best I’ve seen in a long time. The kids a talent for sure. #MCIBOU
— Cameron Kirton (@MrCammyK) September 24, 2020
Can see Liam Delap being part of the first team after tonight. The kid is a lethal striker and he’s physically ready for the highest level.
— 𝐋𝐮𝐤𝐞. (@MolyneuxLuke) September 24, 2020
— BlottoTO (@JeffParis13) September 24, 2020
Liam Delap is actually perfect we have someone to aim for when we cross
— AJ 🥶 (@KZN22_) September 24, 2020
Follow Us on Social media:
- Stefan Ortega opens up on behind-the-scenes struggles at Man City
- Man City CEO clarifies Pep Guardiola comments over Barcelona return
- ‘He controlled him’: BBC pundit and Former Man City duo amazed by how Nathan Ake dealt with ‘in-form’ Arsenal star
- Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool’s “embarrassing” dominance with Man City is over
- The reason Bukayo Saka was flagged offside despite not interfering vs Man City but Marcus Rashford wasn’t
- ‘Irreplaceable’ Arsenal midfielder doubt for title showdown with Man City after suffering rib injury
- Man City given unexpected Maximo Perrone transfer boost