Manchester City fans have been hailing Ruben Dias following his performance against Leicester City, branding him ‘different class’ and ‘the real deal’.
The Cityzens edged closer to the Premier League title with an impressive 2-0 at Leicester City on Saturday.
Goals from Benjamin Mendy and Gabriel Jesus in the second half sent Pep Guardiola’s side 17 points clear at the top, having played two more games than second-placed Manchester United.
Manchester City won the game they may well have lost without Ruben Dias as they march towards the title.
This was another top showing from one of the best candidates for the Player of the Year award.
He led the defence, keeping a strong line to play Vardy offside late in the first half, and also Snaked out a boot to produce a brave block early in the second half.
Dias was helped out by a sharp defensive line from the rest of his back four, who seemed to benefit from his leadership experience.
Thanks to him, Man City have kept more clean sheets  and conceded fewer goals  in all competitions this season than any other side in Europe’s top five leagues.
City fans, then, were all over Twitter praising Dias for his display. Here’s what some of them had to say on Twitter…
Another clean sheet and win for Manchester City Ruben Dias being a vital part of it if you don’t Ruben Dias i feel sorry for you , the impact he has on city is immense 100% a contender for player of the year
— ً (@mcfcdann) April 3, 2021
Ruben Dias is the real deal Isn’t he
— OGK (@kitan_noiki) April 3, 2021
Ruben Dias is the best CB in the prem and top 5 at least in the world rn
— Zak (@DKsama_) April 3, 2021
Might be our best ever defender
— Brendemos🎆 (@Brendemos_) April 3, 2021
Ruben Dias & De Bruyna different class …
— Rod Santos (@Benfiquistaiam) April 3, 2021
Bias aside, Ruben Dias is player of the year.
— TP Tips (@TomTom_91) April 3, 2021
If Ruben Dias doesn’t get player of the year it’s an absolute travesty
— Toulouse (@toulouse64) April 3, 2021
City need another 11 points to win their third title in four years. The result sees Leicester remain in third place with eight matches remaining in the season.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Manchester City are set to earn a record £166MILLION after clinching their third straight Premier League title
- Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne on the verge of smashing Thierry Henry record
- Erling Haaland makҽs morҽ Prҽmiҽr Lҽaguҽ history aftҽr rҽcord-brҽaking sҽason
- ‘Jorge Mendes is nuts’, ‘He’s no Bernardo Silva replacement’ – Man City fans react to report linking Real Madrid star with a move to the Etihad
- ‘I just pray this works out!’, ‘we’d be unstoppable’ – Man City fans react as club eyes an ambitious swoop for Bayern Munich star
- Report: Man City will let their ‘incredible’ player leave this summer for just £35m
- ‘Madrid getting rejected again!’ – Man City fans react as report reveal Erling Haaland exit ‘plan’