Manchester City Fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter, which relays a report that claims Raheem Sterling is setting up his own agency as he prepares to negotiate his own new contract just like team-mate Kevin De Bruyne.
City agreed a new contract with talisman De Bruyne this week making him the highest paid player in the Premier League, on a deal worth up to £430,000-a-week.
Having tied down De Bruyne, City are understood to be keen to agree renewed terms with Sterling, with ESPN on Friday claiming the England star is likely to expect similar terms to the Belgian’s contract in order to commit his future to City.
According to Daily Mail, Raheem Sterling, who has split from his long-term agent is setting up his own football agency, and will conduct his own Man City contract negotiations with legal advice, just like Kevin De Bruyne negotiated the deal himself, using Belgian lawyers Daan Buylaert and Sven Demeulemeester to finalise the paperwork.
Sterling’s current deal is worth £300,000-a-week if he triggers certain clauses and he will look for improved terms.
A new deal would have to see a significant rise in that number but it seems unlikely City will want to put him in the same pay bracket as the Belgian.
Sterling isn’t on de Bruyne’s level yet and has actually been left out from the starting eleven for recent big games. He has now made just one start in the last six games for the Blues after a dip in form.
In reaction to the report shared on Twitter by Man City Xtra, many Man City fans have have expressing their thoughts and opinions.
Good, most big agents are parasites! better to do it with a legal team— Michael Lumb (@michaellumb95) April 9, 2021
Ofcours he's copying kdb— Morris (@KDBseason) April 9, 2021
Second City player to ditch their agent. I wonder what Raiola would be thinking re Haaland🤣— Joel (@joel_cityzen) April 9, 2021
How about some good performances to show that you deserve anything above £300k mf— Nathan🤘 (@DiasCEO) April 9, 2021
I love this club so I will speak from the heart: Sterling is a fast and skillful player, but he is also very very overrated. The fact he’s on 300k now AND want more is laughable. As a forward, you need to have an end-product and I don’t mean tap-ins which he scores alot.— skyzenz (@skyzenz) April 9, 2021
Extend it but he doesn’t deserve a huge pay rise— Bradley Hart (@Brad_H16) April 9, 2021
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges