The Frenchman has dipped down the pecking order under Pep Guardiola, with Oleksandr Zinchenko and Joao Cancelo both having played ahead of him this season, while Nathan Ake and Aymeric Laporte have both also played left-back.
The 26-year-old, who will see his deal at the Etihad expire in 2023, is now reportedly open to leave with the club ready to sell in the upcoming summer transfer window.
According to a report by Spanish outlet Defensa Central, Mendy, valued by City at around €20 million is the subject of interest from Real Madrid.
The report claims the La Liga club view the French international as a long-term replacement for Marcelo and are pondering over a summer swoop for the left-back.
The Cityzens have been linked with Nuno Mendes, Robin Gosens, Nicolas Tagliafico and David Alaba over the past months as their search for a proper left-back continues.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Ferdinand and Neville name Man City star as the ‘only defender’ that can stop Kylian Mbappe
- ‘Plays with an experience that goes beyond his years’ – Rio Ferdinand and Alan Shearer send Jude Bellingham message to Manchester City
- Pep Guardiola insists he feels ‘very good’ at Manchester City after signing a new contract
- Belgians deny dressing-room bust-up after Kevin De Bruyne claim
- ‘I’m not ruling it out’ – Man City transfer boost as director says 22 y/o could leave
- Man City owners poised to announce £114m deal on Saturday to take club to the next level
- England ‘leaked’ XI v Wales: Man City trio involved in World Cup clash