Manchester City are reportedly lining up for a shot at luring Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger away from Stamford Bridge, with nine other top European clubs also interested.
The German international, who moved from Roma to Chelsea in 2017 at a fee of $40 million, has become one of the fundamental pieces to Chelsea’s backline since his arrival.
He is out of contract at the end of the season and yet to agree a new deal with Chelsea. Rudiger will be free to speak to foreign clubs from January 1 if no extension is agreed.
According to the information of 90Min, Chelsea are now resigned to losing centre-back Antonio Rüdiger on a free transfer in 2022, with Manchester City joining nine other top European clubs in the race to sign wantaway star, Rudiger.
The other nine teams include: Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, RB Leipzig, Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, and Inter Milan.
The report states that Tuchel is understood to have wanted the club’s hierarchy to prioritise keeping Rüdiger, but it seems increasingly likely he will not get his wish.
It is understood that Rudiger is frustrated with the salary Chelsea have offered so far and their lack of effort to offer him a deal he thinks he deserves.
It does come as a bit of a surprise that Guardiola is eyeing another centre-back despite being loaded with defenders, unless the Etihad side is looking at the Chelsea star as a replacement for someone like Aymeric Laporte.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges