Manchester City have been fined by UEFA following a pitch invasion incident after their 2-1 win against Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League.
Despite being drawn alongside European heavyweights in Paris Saint-Germain and RB Leipzig, City won their Champions League group with a game to spare.
The last-16 draw sees the Premier League champions face Sporting CP side in February and March, after initially being drawn to square up against Europa League champions Villarreal.
As per the Press Association, Manchester City have been fined a sum of €5,000 by UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body, due to a pitch invasion that followed their 2-1 win in the Champions League against PSG at the Etihad Stadium on 24th November.
Pep Guardiola’s side are not the only English club to be imposed with a fine, with Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur having to pay their dues after similar incidents.
The news was shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters, who already have a hostile attitude towards UEFA and the Champions League.
Oh no our Haaland budget getting affected https://t.co/NIHQyrsjkk
— Protect your meat (@tshegomcfc) December 20, 2021
Uefa at it again https://t.co/UBpK0zLT6K
— David Connolly (@davidconnolly29) December 21, 2021
We were fined a quarter of what Porto were for whole sections of their crowd chanting racist abuse at Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure because a 7 year-old kid ran onto the pitch to get Bernardo Silva’s shirt after the game had finished and some of you still wonder why we boo UEFA. https://t.co/gLnxNxhxs1 pic.twitter.com/8FAzuB1QZb
— Leo🇧🇼 (@mcfcIeo_) December 20, 2021
it was like a 5 year old kid 😭😭
— ¹⁰ (@SxrgioSZN) December 20, 2021
5k for a kid running on to ask for bernardos shirt, bit excessive? pic.twitter.com/FgOnF6zTMM
— l__mcfc (@l__mcfc) December 20, 2021
if he’d asked Messi for his shirt, then there would be no fine at all
— Aguero XIX Sane 💙 (@MahessanSuresh) December 21, 2021
No wonder why our fans still boo during the UCL anthem
— FairazMcfc (@khan_fairaz) December 21, 2021
they’ll find anything to get some money out of us, they could just ask nicely 🙂
— J (@jbrmcfc) December 20, 2021
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘I have a feeling’: Wayne Rooney makes prediction for FA Cup final between Man City and United
- Manchester City are set to earn a record £166MILLION after clinching their third straight Premier League title
- Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne on the verge of smashing Thierry Henry record
- Erling Haaland makҽs morҽ Prҽmiҽr Lҽaguҽ history aftҽr rҽcord-brҽaking sҽason
- ‘Jorge Mendes is nuts’, ‘He’s no Bernardo Silva replacement’ – Man City fans react to report linking Real Madrid star with a move to the Etihad
- ‘I just pray this works out!’, ‘we’d be unstoppable’ – Man City fans react as club eyes an ambitious swoop for Bayern Munich star
- Report: Man City will let their ‘incredible’ player leave this summer for just £35m