Barcelona remain keen on Raheem Sterling as Manchester City hope of tying down the England international to a new contract.
Sterling, who was open to the idea of leaving in January following interest from Barcelona, has turned the ship around this season
The England international has been in fantastic form of late for City, scoring 14 goals with five assists from 35 games this season, but his future at the Etihad Stadium is ‘uncertain’ due to his contract expiring in less than 18 months.
It is worth saying that despite Sterling being recognized as one of City’s key players currently, there remains a question mark around his future at the club.
As per a report by Graeme Bailey of 90min, Barcelona remain interested in Raheem Sterling and are paying close attention to his ongoing contract talks.
It has further been claimed that if Sterling was to reject City’s proposals, the club would have a big decision to make as the England international could sign a pre-contract with an overseas club in January.
It is expected that City will do their best to convince one of their most in-form and experienced players in Raheem Sterling to extend his stay at the club.
Pep Guardiola is said to be determined to keep Sterling on the books at the Etihad and has given the green light to a new deal for the former Liverpool man.
However, If Sterling doesn’t agree to a new deal in the coming months, he is likely to be sold, because City won’t want to risk losing him for nothing in 2023.
The €85m-rated England international won’t be without his suitors if made available for sale, so the Premier League leaders should make back every penny of the £57m spent back in 2015.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘I have a feeling’: Wayne Rooney makes prediction for FA Cup final between Man City and United
- Manchester City are set to earn a record £166MILLION after clinching their third straight Premier League title
- Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne on the verge of smashing Thierry Henry record
- Erling Haaland makҽs morҽ Prҽmiҽr Lҽaguҽ history aftҽr rҽcord-brҽaking sҽason
- ‘Jorge Mendes is nuts’, ‘He’s no Bernardo Silva replacement’ – Man City fans react to report linking Real Madrid star with a move to the Etihad
- ‘I just pray this works out!’, ‘we’d be unstoppable’ – Man City fans react as club eyes an ambitious swoop for Bayern Munich star
- Report: Man City will let their ‘incredible’ player leave this summer for just £35m