Manchester City are closing in on another Premier League title after coming down from two goals down to rescue a precious point away to West Ham on Sunday.
Riyad Mahrez missed the chance to effectively seal the Premier League title for Pep Guardiola’s side as they drew 2-2 with West Ham.
The Algerian stepped up to penalty spot with five minutes remaining, but Lukasz Fabianski guessed correctly to deny Mahrez and keep City waiting.
Pep Guardiola’s side were two goals down at the break and in huge trouble, after Jarrod Bowen ruthlessly exploited the space in behind City’s defence to take his Premier League tally to 12 for the season.
Jack Grealish halved the deficit before an own goal from Vladimir Coufal levelled things up, and Mahrez then fluffed his lines from 12 yards late on.
It leaves City four points clear at the top of the table, though Liverpool have a game in hand. While the title is still in their hands, there is likely to be work to do on the final day of the season.
Taking to Twitter, Manchester City fans celebrated their hard-fought yet thrilling draw over Westham.
“Honestly. I’ll take that.”
“Happy with a draw.”
“Its okay, still one point ahead… Fuming over that pen tho….”
“Mahrez! The amount of backing I was doing for this guy and he let the team down.”
“Impressive second half.”
“That was absolute hell.”
“After being 2-0 down I’ll actually take that
Sure Mahrez missed the pen, but how we actually perform when we concede, I’ll take this.”
“Most will be fuming with the missed pen… I’m fuming over the one that wasn’t given in the first half. It would of changed the whole completion of the game.. Disgusting!.”
“We always have to do it the hard way.”
“Not good enough though. Just not good enough. Huge game next week..”
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘I have a feeling’: Wayne Rooney makes prediction for FA Cup final between Man City and United
- Manchester City are set to earn a record £166MILLION after clinching their third straight Premier League title
- Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne on the verge of smashing Thierry Henry record
- Erling Haaland makҽs morҽ Prҽmiҽr Lҽaguҽ history aftҽr rҽcord-brҽaking sҽason
- ‘Jorge Mendes is nuts’, ‘He’s no Bernardo Silva replacement’ – Man City fans react to report linking Real Madrid star with a move to the Etihad
- ‘I just pray this works out!’, ‘we’d be unstoppable’ – Man City fans react as club eyes an ambitious swoop for Bayern Munich star
- Report: Man City will let their ‘incredible’ player leave this summer for just £35m