A huge mural of Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has appeared near the Etihad Stadium. The amazing artwork has been painted by two talented street artists on the gable end of a house on the Beswick housing estate facing the Blues’ home.
And locals say it has already attracted a huge amount of attention and caused traffic jams, despite not yet being fully finished.
It has been created byMurWalls, founded by its CEO Mark Silver in 2019 and which works brings together some of the country’s best street artists and works with a number of different brands and organisations to create bespoke pieces.
It comes as no surprise why the Catalan coach is adored within and beyond the blue half of Manchester, with the majority of fans praying that he signs another contract extension.
Since Pep Guardiola’s appointment as Manchester City boss, it isn’t a stretch to suggest that he is widely classed as the club’s greatest ever manager.
Winning four of the last six Premier League titles, four Carabao Cups, one FA Cup, while guiding City to their first-ever Champions League Final, the Spanish tactician has surpassed all expectations placed on his shoulder.
The gesture has been paid to the iconic manager in the city, that emphasises his impact at the club for his ongoing six years in charge.
The mural shared on twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
Let’s check out some of the reaction to the video:
Baldy got the streets— 🚨TimMan_city💙 (@Tim_mosima) September 20, 2022
“Pep the Legend.”
“Love to see things like these, there’s not only art in the museums but also in the streets by random people out there”
“He is going to rewrite Alex Ferguson legacy if he stay longer.”
“I don’t ever see Pep leaving this club for another, he loves it here and we love that he loves this club. Man City is the best place for him, the fans, players and the club love what he’s keeps doing for us. He deserves this, gorgeous rendition of the Genuis Pep Guardiola.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Ferdinand and Neville name Man City star as the ‘only defender’ that can stop Kylian Mbappe
- ‘Plays with an experience that goes beyond his years’ – Rio Ferdinand and Alan Shearer send Jude Bellingham message to Manchester City
- Pep Guardiola insists he feels ‘very good’ at Manchester City after signing a new contract
- Belgians deny dressing-room bust-up after Kevin De Bruyne claim
- ‘I’m not ruling it out’ – Man City transfer boost as director says 22 y/o could leave
- Man City owners poised to announce £114m deal on Saturday to take club to the next level
- England ‘leaked’ XI v Wales: Man City trio involved in World Cup clash