Since making his dream move to Manchester City in the summer, things have not gone according to plan for Kalvin Phillips.
Brought in as an understudy to Rodri in defensive midfield, the England international has barely got a feel of what it is like to play for the Sky Blues, with only 12 minutes of total game time under his belt so far.
The main factor behind the 26-year old’s little to no involvement at the Etihad Stadium has been his constant injury woes.
In what is reported to be nothing more than mere regular contact during a practice match, Phillips suffered a recurrence of his shoulder problems.
Pep Guardiola gave an update on the 26 year-olds shoulder problem by saying:” I don’t know (how long he will be out) – I’m not a doctor – but in a good way he can arrive for the World Cup. The doctor said the only solution right now is to do what he has to do. Now it will be not long but a little bit longer.”
According to a new update from The Sun, Kalvin Phillips had ‘successful’ surgery on his shoulder problem last week.
The report from Martin Blackburn quotes a sources from Manchester City, who has told the newspaper that the operation went to plan.
— Martin Blackburn (@SunMartinB) September 27, 2022
This now means that Phillips can begin his road to recovery with the hope of making a return towards the back end of October, and making Gareth Southgate’s final squad for Qatar.
The news was shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters.
“That’s a great news”
“Wishing him a speedy recovery 🙏. We need him going into a very very busy period.”
“Let’s go, hope the the Yorkshire Pirlo recovers well.”
“Can’t wait to see him back playing”
“I wish him a speedy recovery. He’s a great lad.”
“Such a calm lad. Wishing him a speedy recovery.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Ferdinand and Neville name Man City star as the ‘only defender’ that can stop Kylian Mbappe
- ‘Plays with an experience that goes beyond his years’ – Rio Ferdinand and Alan Shearer send Jude Bellingham message to Manchester City
- Pep Guardiola insists he feels ‘very good’ at Manchester City after signing a new contract
- Belgians deny dressing-room bust-up after Kevin De Bruyne claim
- ‘I’m not ruling it out’ – Man City transfer boost as director says 22 y/o could leave
- Man City owners poised to announce £114m deal on Saturday to take club to the next level
- England ‘leaked’ XI v Wales: Man City trio involved in World Cup clash