Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays an update on Pep Guardiola future as doubts continue to emerge if the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss will renew his contract or move on.
The 51 year-old is contracted at the Etihad Stadium until 2023 and having won four of the last Premier League titles there is nobody in the club hierarchy who is looking for him to move on.
Since his appointment in 2016, Guardiola has extended his stay with the reigning Premier League Champions on two occasions, firstly in 2018 and again in 2020.
While the manager has said he will not betray the club when he makes a decision, he has also suggested that he could run down his contract before announcing his next move.
The summer’s recruitment bringing in youthful and exciting talent into the club would suggest that Pep Guardiola only has his eyes on extending. However, until pen is put to paper, doubts will continue to swirl among supporters.
According to Rob Dawson of ESPN, no one at Manchester City is ‘panicking’ about Pep Guardiola’s future as manager of the reigning Premier League champions.
However, it is reported that there is an acceptance at the Etihad Stadium that it will not be long before questions begin to start up again.
The report was shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters.
“He’s staying other clubs need to be scared.”
“There’s no way he doesn’t sign an extension..”
“Give him 10 years extension”
“The extensions done IMO, they just won’t announce it until during or after the WC. Keep the players focussed, everything will come out in it’s own time”
“Pep will stay as long as he has the energy and is happy. Pointless speculating differently. Eventually he will want a break. Which is understandable. If City win the Champions League League that will probably signal his departure.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Ferdinand and Neville name Man City star as the ‘only defender’ that can stop Kylian Mbappe
- ‘Plays with an experience that goes beyond his years’ – Rio Ferdinand and Alan Shearer send Jude Bellingham message to Manchester City
- Pep Guardiola insists he feels ‘very good’ at Manchester City after signing a new contract
- Belgians deny dressing-room bust-up after Kevin De Bruyne claim
- ‘I’m not ruling it out’ – Man City transfer boost as director says 22 y/o could leave
- Man City owners poised to announce £114m deal on Saturday to take club to the next level
- England ‘leaked’ XI v Wales: Man City trio involved in World Cup clash