Manchester City travel to Villa Park to take on Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa in the Premier League on Saturday evening.
Pep Guardiola’s side look in ominous form already this season and while rotation is expected, the Spaniard has a number of options to punish a Villa side in no kind of form at all.
The Premier League champions are set to welcome back Jack Grealish and Nathan Ake for this evening’s Premier League trip to Aston Villa.
The pair have not featured since City’s 4-0 win over Bournemouth but have both been back in full training of late, with rotation in order due to the tight turnaround in games.
Kalvin Phillips is still injured, however, along with Aymeric Laporte. With a trip to Sevilla in the Champions League to come on Tuesday, Pep Guardiola may look to rest players where possible.
New signing Manuel Akanji has been registered to play, although it seems unlikely that he will start.
From back to front, Ederson will start to in goal for City, while. a back-four of Kyle Walker, Ruben Dias, John Stone and Joao Cancelo will likely play ahead of the Brazilian goalkeeper.
Kevin De Bruyne, rested against Nottingham Forest in midweek, could well return to City’s starting XI as Guardiola makes a decision on Erling Haaland, who could start his third game in seven days.
Despite Grealish’s return to fitness, Phil Foden is likely to take start on the left flank and support Haaland with Riyad Mahrez.
Manchester City predicted XI (4-3-3): Ederson; Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo; Rodri, De Bruyne, Silva; Mahrez, Haaland, Foden
Injured: Phillips, Laporte
Date and time: 5.30pm BST today, Villa Park
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges