With Kyle Walker coming into the twilight of his career, Manchester City are starting to identify possible replacements for the right-back. Reece James makes the most sense.
City have previously been linked with a move for the right-back, although the player himself dampened the rumours during the summer.
The English right-back is everything Pep Guardiola looks for in a full-back, but according to The Athletic, the England right-back is set to sign a new deal having been linked with a move this summer.
An announcement has not yet been made, but after a strong start to the season, a place in the England squad for the Qatar World Cup looks likely and a long-term role at his boyhood club looks set to be secured in the coming days.
As well as Manchester City’s interest, Real Madrid have the player on a shortlist for the future. Chelsea will now be in pole position to keep the player, who is very unlikely to ever leave the club now with this long-term deal.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Ferdinand and Neville name Man City star as the ‘only defender’ that can stop Kylian Mbappe
- ‘Plays with an experience that goes beyond his years’ – Rio Ferdinand and Alan Shearer send Jude Bellingham message to Manchester City
- Pep Guardiola insists he feels ‘very good’ at Manchester City after signing a new contract
- Belgians deny dressing-room bust-up after Kevin De Bruyne claim
- ‘I’m not ruling it out’ – Man City transfer boost as director says 22 y/o could leave
- Man City owners poised to announce £114m deal on Saturday to take club to the next level
- England ‘leaked’ XI v Wales: Man City trio involved in World Cup clash