Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims the club would be willing to offer Joao Cancelo to AC Milan as part of a swap deal to sign Portugal forward Rafael Leao.
Leao, 23, has earned rave reviews for his displays with the Italian giants and also scored two goals alongside Cancelo during the World Cup in Qatar last month. Cancelo has, meanwhile, not been a guaranteed starter at City this season despite his success over the years.
But is his three-year stay at the Etihad Stadium coming to an end? Reports from Calciomercatoweb suggest Pep Guardiola would allow the versatile defender to leave next summer as a make-weight to win the race to sign Leao in time for next term.
Leao has scored nine goals and provided as many assists in 25 appearances for Milan this campaign, while his overall record in Serie A reads 31 goals in 112 matches. He only has 18 months left to run on his current contract at the San Siro, though, and Milan could be forced to cash-in on the player.
Despite that report, there is no indication whether or not Milan would accept the proposal. Cancelo is seen to have attracted interest from elsewhere, though, including Spanish giants Real Madrid.
The report shared on Twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
“What? Ain’t no way we offering Jc7 just not going to happen.”
“Offering a left-back for a winger when we are clearly out of natural left-backs..”
“No way that’s true.”
“Absolutely not, this has to be fake news.”
“Would be the dumbest thing we could possibly do.”
“Rafaelo leo is class but Cancelo is class apart.”
“Bad business, who’ll be replacement for Cancelo? Gomez hasn’t settled in as of yet.”
“Not true obviously. Leao’s contract expires in 2024 and so he’ll be anyway cheap. Milan won’t lose him as a free agent.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Stefan Ortega opens up on behind-the-scenes struggles at Man City
- Man City CEO clarifies Pep Guardiola comments over Barcelona return
- ‘He controlled him’: BBC pundit and Former Man City duo amazed by how Nathan Ake dealt with ‘in-form’ Arsenal star
- Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool’s “embarrassing” dominance with Man City is over
- The reason Bukayo Saka was flagged offside despite not interfering vs Man City but Marcus Rashford wasn’t
- ‘Irreplaceable’ Arsenal midfielder doubt for title showdown with Man City after suffering rib injury
- Man City given unexpected Maximo Perrone transfer boost