Meanwhile Vincent Kompany, who has a statue outside of the Etihad Stadium, made a total of 360 appearances for the Sky Blues, winning 12 pieces of silverware, including four Premier League titles.
Kompany replaced Sean Dyche at Turf Moor in the summer, leaving RSC Anderlecht in his native Belgium.
Both Kompany and Arteta are ultimately having success as managers, something Pep Guardiola has admitted his pride at, speaking ahead of the FA Cup fourth round clash against Arsenal on Friday night.
“What Arsenal does, it belongs exclusively to him (Mikel Arteta). And Vinny (Kompany), what he does at Burnley, I’m so happy for him, and hopefully next season they can be in the Premier League, because Vinny deserves the best – it belongs absolutely to him and the staff and the players.”
Mikel Arteta, is proving a dangerous friend in the title race and is back at Manchester City tonight in the FA Cup fourth round while Vincent Kompany’s Burnley are top of the Championship.
Mikel Arteta (Arsenal) Top of Premier League
What he said about Guardiola: ‘The influence Pep had in the last 20 years is just incredibly powerful.’
Played (this season) – 19
Won – 16
Win Percentage – 84.2%
Points per game – 2.63
Vincent Kompany (Burnley) Top of the Championship
What he said about Guardiola: ‘Pep was very important in me looking at the game in a different way.’
Played – 28
Won – 18
Win percentage – 64.3%
Points per game- 2.21
Follow Us on Social media:
- 10 Attractive Dating Profile Examples For Men
- Find the perfect chat team for you
- Pep Guardiola has ‘hope’ over Man City star fitness ahead of Nottingham Forest
- Getting Laid in Bangkok – the best places to choose and Date Girls
- Exploring the pros and cons of interracial dating
- From Fabrizio Romano: English midfielder set to join Man City following West Ham exit
- Find locals for sex – the best way to hook up tonight