City have shown their clear determination to prevail on the domestic front in recent weeks, underlined by Sunday’s clinical 4-0 demolition of Chelsea in the FA Cup third round.
That came three days after Pep Guardiola’s side beat the same side to move back within five points of Arsenal at the top of the Premier League, while they face Southampton in the Carabao Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday.
Yet, while City have tasted success in all those competitions in the last few years, the elite European trophy has so far eluded the club and Silva is aching to put that right.
The Portugal playmaker said: “We don’t hide it’s a competition we really want to win.
“Of course we still want to win the national competitions, but it’s not a secret that we have been wanting to win the Champions League for a while. Since it’s a target we haven’t hit yet, hopefully this year it’s our time.”
It is still more than a month before City resume our latest European campaign with a trip to Leipzig in the last 16.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Stefan Ortega opens up on behind-the-scenes struggles at Man City
- Man City CEO clarifies Pep Guardiola comments over Barcelona return
- ‘He controlled him’: BBC pundit and Former Man City duo amazed by how Nathan Ake dealt with ‘in-form’ Arsenal star
- Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool’s “embarrassing” dominance with Man City is over
- The reason Bukayo Saka was flagged offside despite not interfering vs Man City but Marcus Rashford wasn’t
- ‘Irreplaceable’ Arsenal midfielder doubt for title showdown with Man City after suffering rib injury
- Man City given unexpected Maximo Perrone transfer boost