Meanwhile, Arsenal progressed to the next round of the FA Cup with a 3-0 win over Oxford United.
The Premier League’s current top two sides will meet at the Etihad Stadium in the FA Cup fourth round later this month.
City and Arsenal go head-to-head at the Emirates Stadium just over two weeks after they face one another in the FA Cup.
City have won their previous five matches against the Gunners in all competitions, with Arsenal’s only win in the past 13 meetings coming in the FA Cup in 2020.
The last time the pair faced one another in the FA Cup was the 2020 semi-final. Arsenal won 2-0 thanks to a brace from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
However, in the league, Arteta has never beaten his former mentor and colleague Pep Guardiola. Both Spaniards will be hoping to progress and take out their main rivals in the process.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘He controlled him’: BBC pundit and Former Man City duo amazed by how Nathan Ake dealt with ‘in-form’ Arsenal star
- The reason Bukayo Saka was flagged offside despite not interfering vs Man City but Marcus Rashford wasn’t
- Oleksandr Zinchenko sends message to Man City fans after losing his cool with former teammates
- Pep Guardiola hails Arsenal’s ‘incredible weapon’ after lively FA Cup cameo
- Pep Guardiola calls Man City star an ‘exceptional guy’ after FA Cup victory over Arsenal
- Man City handed major title blow as John Stones injured against Arsenal ahead of Tottenham clash
- ‘Great win, but we shouldn’t get carried away!’ – Many fans react as Man City knocks Premier League title rivals Arsenal out of FA Cup