Silva has asserted himself as one of the finest in the world at the Etihad, but there continues to be an underlying feeling that the Portuguese would be happy to move on.
At 28, Silva likely only has one big move left in him at his prime, although if his physique holds up, perhaps he could extend that. However having won everything possible in England, Silva may well want a new challenge. Only the Champions League remains as a goal to reach, which City have consistently come up short in.
Last summer Barcelona were heavily linked with Silva, and Xavi Hernandez is an admirer of his. Given their struggles with the La Liga salary limit though, questions remain over their ability to do a deal, even if Silva is interested.
Given Kylian Mbappe’s influential role within the Parisian club as a whole, the report states that the French superstar will ‘urge’ his employers to make a renewed bid to sign the Manchester City star when the transfer market reopens for the upcoming summer.
The report was shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters.
“I’ll be sad to see him go but it’s been clear he has wanted to leave for a while now. Hopefully we can sell him for a good fee and use that to get Bellingham. Crazy though Mbappe calls the shots for PSG…”
“Let him go if they pay his market value. As much as i like him, he has wanted to leave for a while and Gundo seems to be playing better right now.”
“Honestly, I wouldn’t be bothered if Bernardo left after this season. Clearly his heart is set somewhere far away from Manchester.”
“Bernardo x Neymar swap.”
“Hopefully PSG makes a substantial offer and everyone can go home happy.”
“Don’t think I’ve ever been as calm about Bernardo as I am now. Bernardo’s energy was big when we played F9. But with Haaland we need another creator in midfield alongside KDB and I’m not sure Bernardo is that really..”
“Honestly he doesn’t wana be at city you can see it in the way he’s played the lst 12 months. Time to take Neymar and send Bernardo over with some top up money”
— 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙚🇧🇼 (@cae0000) January 24, 2023
Follow Us on Social media:
- Stefan Ortega opens up on behind-the-scenes struggles at Man City
- Man City CEO clarifies Pep Guardiola comments over Barcelona return
- ‘He controlled him’: BBC pundit and Former Man City duo amazed by how Nathan Ake dealt with ‘in-form’ Arsenal star
- Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool’s “embarrassing” dominance with Man City is over
- The reason Bukayo Saka was flagged offside despite not interfering vs Man City but Marcus Rashford wasn’t
- ‘Irreplaceable’ Arsenal midfielder doubt for title showdown with Man City after suffering rib injury
- Man City given unexpected Maximo Perrone transfer boost