Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims West Ham would be willing to swap Declan Rice for Kalvin Phillips plus cash in a sensational summer deal.
Rice will soon be entering the final year of his contract at the London Stadium and Man City are among the teams monitoring his situation even though they signed his England midfield teammate Phillips in a £45million deal last summer.
With speculation intensifying during the World Cup that Rice will leave West Ham in the summer, Phillips’ situation in Manchester is no doubt being closely monitored by the Hammers.
According to Football Insider, West Ham would be willing to swap Declan Rice for Manchester City’s Kalvin Phillips, plus a cash sum, during the upcoming summer transfer window.
West Ham are known to be big admirers of Phillips, with the Hammers manager David Moyes revealing last July that his club had bid more than Manchester City’s eventual successful transfer fee back in January 2022.
Although there is a possibility that Declan Rice would be open to moving to Manchester City and the Citizens certainly want him, it is extremely improbable that Man City will trade West Ham Kalvin Phillips in return for Declan Rice.
The report shared on Twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
@Little__Citeh: “Footyinsider has never been right about anything.”
@iashy: “Where’s Rice going to play?”
@blueranger99: “Not as good as Rodri so no point”
@ClaireMulcahy17: “Rather keep Phillips, think he will come good the second half of the season…. Give the guy a chance, he has been injured until now. Plus he can pass the ball forward”
@ShearsJohnny: “Would be interesting but without Phillips not even able to have a consistent run in the team yet…it wouldn’t be fair imo”
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges