Pep Guardiola has confirmed John Stones faces up to a month out injured after the Manchester City defender suffered a hamstring injury against Arsenal.
Stones, 28, had to be substituted off during City’s FA Cup fourth-round win over Arsenal last Friday, with Guardiola later confirming the England international had injured his hamstring.
When asked to provide an update on the England international ahead of Manchester City’s trip to face Tottenham in the capital this weekend, manager Pep Guardiola confirmed the severity of the problem and how long Stones could be ruled out of action for.
“(He will be out for between) Three weeks, one month,” Pep Guardiola confirmed. “Unfortunately, a lot of games (to miss).”
Guardiola continued, “Managers complain about a lot of games. Comes (back) from the World Cup. In a few weeks, he will be back.”
In better news, Guardiola did say that Phil Foden is fit to feature at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium – a ground where City have never even scored, never mind won a point.
Foden has missed the last few games after suffering a foot issue in the derby that he struggled to run off completely, but should be in the squad for the crunch Premier League game.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges