Leroy Sane is commuting between Munich, London and Manchester because his American model wife ‘no longer wanted to live in Germany’, according to reports.
The now 27 year-old left the Etihad in the summer of 2020, after missing almost the entirety of the 2019/20 campaign with a serious ACL injury sustained during the FA Community Shield against Liverpool at the start of the campaign.
The Bundesliga giants worked very hard to bring Leroy Sane to Germany and had to spent some €50m to bring him from Manchester City and were originally willing to break the bank for him, potentially up to 100m.
He became the successors to legends Arjen Robben inheriting the number 10. Clearly, Bayern have placed enormous faith in the former Manchester City star.
However, Sane’s contract still runs until 2025 and with just two years left on his contract, the former Manchester City man have an uncertain futures at the club.
Sane has been criticised for his low goal return, with only three and one assist since the World Cup in Qatar in November and December. He has scored 37 goals and made 34 assists in 121 appearances since joining the German giants.
German newspaper BILD reported early this month that as a result of Leroy Sané’s ‘poor performances’, the idea of selling the forward is now described as being ‘a possibility’.
The Germany international winger wasn’t part of Bayern Munich’s training sessions during the international break last week, leading to speculation as to his whereabouts.
It transpires, according to German newspaper Bild, that Sane was desperate to spend some time with partner Candice Brook and their children, Rio Stella and Milo.
They moved back to England because Candice no longer wanted to live in Munich and splits her time between London and Manchester, where Sane was a City player until his £54.8million move to Bayern in 2020.
This tricky family situation, Bild say, has left Sane having to travel frequently between the three cities.
The report shared on Twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
Bring him home 🥺💙 @leroy_sane
— Kyle Runner (@austin3mb) March 26, 2023
@itzuzii: “He wants to come back”
@WeareManC1ty: “Come home Leroy Sane”
@Citehzen: “He actually might come back, tears in my eyes we deserve this, he can invert now too”
@JAYD_1988: “Would genuinely take him back in a heartbeat. His pace alone adds a huge new dimension into our attack. It’s pretty much the only thing it’s missing these days. No pace out wide.. ”
@Faz_forward: “He’s not that guy anymore. ”
@Burish5: “I like Leroy but bro isn’t the guy he was when he was here in manchester, he is so inconsistent even some Bayern Munich fans have turned on him”
@Ma50nSmith: “Would love him back but I reckon for some strange reason he’s going to end up at Arsenal”
@charlietate02: “If he goes anywhere but city I think it’s time to riot”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Manchester City are set to earn a record £166MILLION after clinching their third straight Premier League title
- Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne on the verge of smashing Thierry Henry record
- Erling Haaland makҽs morҽ Prҽmiҽr Lҽaguҽ history aftҽr rҽcord-brҽaking sҽason
- ‘Jorge Mendes is nuts’, ‘He’s no Bernardo Silva replacement’ – Man City fans react to report linking Real Madrid star with a move to the Etihad
- ‘I just pray this works out!’, ‘we’d be unstoppable’ – Man City fans react as club eyes an ambitious swoop for Bayern Munich star
- Report: Man City will let their ‘incredible’ player leave this summer for just £35m
- ‘Madrid getting rejected again!’ – Man City fans react as report reveal Erling Haaland exit ‘plan’