Pep Guardiola warned that Manchester City star Erling Haaland will face the problem of being expected to score at least three goals every game.
Haaland has scored eight goals in his last two matches, having struck five times in the Champions League against RB Leipzig in midweek before firing in three as his side beat Burnley 6-0 in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
The striker’s incredible form could come back to haunt him, though, as Guardiola says he will be the victim of great expectations.
“This guy will have a problem in the future, people will expect him to score three or four goals in each game and this isn’t going to happen,” the City coach said at a press conference.
“I know him, he doesn’t care, he’s so positive in his life so optimistic, never complain, always looks out for himself It was incredible he scored nine goals, he’s an incredible threat, a power, his joy of life is always positive, optimistic, that helps.”
The Norway international now has 42 goals in all competitions, making just 37 appearances for the reigning Premier League champions.
Haaland has now scored six hat-tricks in all competitions this season. That is more than every other Premier League player combined.
Guardiola will be hoping Haaland can continue his excellent scoring form when his side meet Liverpool on April 1.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges