Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims the club could beat Arsenal, Newcastle United and Liverpool to the signing of the Celta de Vigo central midfielder.
Lauded as ‘amazing’ by Sport, the midfielder has scored nine goals and registered three assists from 25 league games this season, and as a result, many Premier league clubs are now interested in signing Veiga.
Over the weekend, AS reported that Manchester City, Arsenal, Newcastle United and Liverpool all are interested in signing Veiga from Celta in the summer transfer window.
The report in the Spanish news outlet claimed that Manchester City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool all are willing to pay the €40 million (£35 million) release clause of Veiga.
Writing in the back page of today’s Marca as relayed by Sport Witness, journalist Roberto Gomez explains Manchester City interest in the 20-year-old Spain Under-21 international.
The journalist has claimed that as well as triggering the release clause in Veiga’s contract, City plan to offer him a five-year contract worth £60 million (£52.75 million).
Gomez have added that unless Real Madrid are willing to match that, the midfielder will go to City.
The report shared on Twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
— Twice John10 (@Teoh10John) March 28, 2023
@Raptorne: “That would be a MASSIVE signing. Real wants him this summer, so I don’t know if it will be easy to convince him.”
@Joejoejoe820: “If pep wants him get him.”
@Shaun7567: “Bring him to the Eithad.”
@wrjn25: “Just heard of him, but having known his name for a whole 32 seconds I can safely say he’s the next Andreas Iniesta 👍”
@MwanjovuLeon: “Saw he said he likes Arsenal…..but getting him and Bellingham to replace Gundogan and Bernardo would be nice.”
@AliG4803: “I haven’t seen heaps of him but he’s got a very good g+a output for a midfielder of his age. I’m trying to guess whether this would be a Bernardo or Gundogan replacement if it were to happen. Either way €40m in this market is a very good price..”
@UnMijis: “Most surely bs but this would be huge”
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘I have a feeling’: Wayne Rooney makes prediction for FA Cup final between Man City and United
- Manchester City are set to earn a record £166MILLION after clinching their third straight Premier League title
- Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne on the verge of smashing Thierry Henry record
- Erling Haaland makҽs morҽ Prҽmiҽr Lҽaguҽ history aftҽr rҽcord-brҽaking sҽason
- ‘Jorge Mendes is nuts’, ‘He’s no Bernardo Silva replacement’ – Man City fans react to report linking Real Madrid star with a move to the Etihad
- ‘I just pray this works out!’, ‘we’d be unstoppable’ – Man City fans react as club eyes an ambitious swoop for Bayern Munich star
- Report: Man City will let their ‘incredible’ player leave this summer for just £35m