Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims the the Premier League champions are interested in Real Madrid playmaker Marco Asensio on a free transfer.
The 27-year-old does not look as though he will be signing a new deal at Real Madrid. Having clocked up 267 outings for Madrid, having a hand in 85 goals – he is looking for a new challenge. Asensio is available on a free transfer right now.
According to Football website 90min, Manchester City want to sign Real Madrid playmaker Marco Asensio on a free transfer with title rivals Arsenal and Chelsea also in the race for the Spain star.
However, the trio from the Premier League are not alone. Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, PSG, Bayern Munich and Marseille are also in the race for the Spain star.
As per the report, Asensio’s preference would be to remain at Real Madrid if guarantees can be made about his future at the club, and that uncertainty could be a factor in whether or not interested parties will make an official move.
The report shared on Twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
I’ve been saying this for months, it makes so much sense
— The City Enthusiast (@CityEnthusiast) March 16, 2023
@luqman_ofcl: “Free transfer…why not?”
@AkeCity6: “Don’t see why not.”
@l_arana19: “Bring him in if it’s for free.”
@SxperSILVA: “We could use his XP on the LW.”
@EKatuta: “Asensio for free with that rocket lefty will take him ⚽.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges