Manchester City will discover their path to the UEFA Champions League Final on Friday, after successfully overcoming RB Leipzig in midweek.
The Citizens have had their hearts broken time and time again in the Champions League. First it was the quarter-finals hoodoo, then Thomas Tuchel oversaw a masterplan in the 2021 final before the miracle workers of Real Madrid staged the latest of comebacks in last season’s semi-final.
They’re ready to do it all over again in 2023 after steamrolling RB Leipzig in the round of 16. This is where the competition really hots up, with most of the favourites still left in the competition.
Here’s an overview of who City could face in the quarter-finals of the 2022/23 Champions League.
When is the UEFA Champions League quarter-final?
The draw for the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals will take place on Friday 17th March 2023 from 11am live from UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
When is the UEFA Champions League semi-final draw?
The draw for the UEFA Champions League semi-finals will take place immediately after the conclusion of the quarter-final draw, with ties being pitted together to determine a pathway to the Final.
How can I watch the UEFA Champions League draw?
The UEFA Champions League draw will be live on BT Sport 1 for viewers in the United Kingdom and will also be streamed on the UEFA website.
When are quarter-final ties being played?
Quarter-final first-leg ties will take place on either Tuesday 11th or Wednesday 12th April and return fixtures on either Tuesday 18th or Wednesday 19th April.
When are semi-final ties being played?
Semi-final first-leg ties will take place on either Tuesday 9th or Wednesday 10th May and return fixtures on either Tuesday 16th or Wednesday 17th May.
Can Manchester City play English opposition?
From the quarter-final stages Manchester City can be drawn against Premier League opposition as there are no restrictions to who a team can be paired with.
How will the home team for the UEFA Champions League Final be determined?
An additional draw will be conducted on Friday 17th March by UEFA to determine the home and away side for the 2023 Champions League Final in Istanbul.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges