Pep Guardiola has said Manchester City’s next three games before the international break will be crucial to his side’s challenge for silverware this season.
City stretched their unbeaten run in all competitions to seven games with victory over Newcastle on Saturday, secured thanks to goals from Phil Foden and Bernardo Silva.
City face Crystal Palace in the Premier League, RB Leipzig in the Champions League and Burnley in the FA Cup in the space of eight days before the international break and Guardiola said he believes it would be a critical run of matches.
Guardiola’s team are chasing Arsenal at the top of the table and could yet end the campaign with a treble.
“We have two days off for everyone – it’s not necessary to see each other for a while because it’s been really tough with travelling and no days off,” Guardiola said.
“Before the international break then we have three games in six days in three different competitions and they will define our season.
“Palace, Leipzig and Burnley will define our season and what we are able to do for the rest of the season.”
These Guardiola’s comments were shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters.
@SinisTeaK: “Need to win all 3 or the treble dream is 100% over”
@Billal_Ait: “Three wins no doubt.”
@KinderDeBueno: “3 must wins”
@oranMcFc: “Palace always tough but three wins incoming”
@MCFCTone: “3 games, 3 competitions. Doesn’t get bigger. Can’t wait! Buzzing!”
@MUHARABI10: “Facts, good performance Newcastle, but we need to keep improving if we want to beat Leipzig.”
@SudiptaDash49: “On Saturday we leaked so many chances defensively! Newcastle could’ve easily scored 3/4 goals! We need to improve!”
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges