Kevin De Bruyne believes Man City should not be concerned about Erling Haaland scoring fewer goals than during his blistering stat to the season.
Haaland has scored only three goals in his last nine matches in all competitions, a big drop off from when he netted 13 times in his opening eight competitive games.
“There is always a first part of the season and a second part. I feel in the second part there is a lot more going on. Teams are more well organised. They play for more also, at both ends of the table.
“So I feel people are more prepared in every sense of the way,” De Bruyne told a press conference. “Maybe he was also a little bit more prolific when he got the chances, but I don’t feel as if we have to complain about the output of Erling in any way.”
Haaland scored a penalty in City’s scrappy 1-0 win at Crystal Palace on Saturday, his 28th Premier League goal of the season and his 34th in all competitions, from 34 games.
“I think he is fine. In the Crystal Palace game he had maybe two or three chances and if he scored two I don’t think there is any issue,” added De Bruyne.
Manchester City face RB Leipzig at home on Tuesday in a Champions League last-16 second leg, with the tie finely balanced at 1-1.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges
- Man City have handed Arsenal and Chelsea advantage in race for £40m ex-starlet