Manchester City have discover their path to the UEFA Champions League after the quarter-finals and semi-finals draws took place in Switzerland on Friday morning.
The Citizens have had their hearts broken time and time again in the Champions League. First it was the quarter-finals hoodoo, then Thomas Tuchel oversaw a masterplan in the 2021 final before the miracle workers of Real Madrid staged the latest of comebacks in last season’s semi-final.
They’re ready to do it all over again in 2023 after steamrolling RB Leipzig in the round of 16. This is where the competition really hots up, with most of the favourites still left in the competition.
The draw for the last eight of the competition took place today in Nyon, Switzerland. Following that draw, City then found out that if they are successful against Bayern, they will face either Real Madrid or Chelsea in the semi-finals.
The first leg against Bayern will take place at the Etihad on either Tuesday, April 11 or Wednesday, April 12. The reverse fixture will then be played a week later in Bavaria on either Tuesday, April 18 or Wednesday, April 19.
Should they manage to get that far, City will have to wait a fair while to play their semi-final tie. Those matches are scheduled for Tuesday, May 9 or Wednesday, May 10 before the reverse fixture takes place on Tuesday, May 16 or Wednesday, May 17.
Full quarter-final and semi-final draw
Manchester City vs Bayern – winner will play either Real Madrid or Chelsea
AC Milan vs Napoli – winner will play either Benfica vs Inter
Following the draw, here is a flavour of what City fans have been saying on social media:
@4xVettel: “We got the worst possible draw both quarter and semi final.”
@paulftonks15: “Toughest we could have got but bring it on..”
@joggermarket: “As bad as this may seem, not only did we beat the easy draw allegations, but bayern are just as scared to face us as we are to face them.”
@MexicanSavagev8: “I’m actually excited, if we win both legs I’ll back us to win the champions league and if we lose the tie Manchester will focus on the league so it’s a win – win for me.”
@lon_nol101: “If we wanna win the UCL, we have to face a strong opposition. It tests our ability to make it all the way to the final. I’ll take the positive side of it..”
@SN1ven: “We’ve got this… to be the best you have to beat the best! Come On @ManCity. Haaland is coming for you Bayern!.”
@muzingaye_mpofu: “well they don’t sit back, teams who come out to play rarely give Manchester City problems. City are winning this!.”
@fidbee: “Bring it on. Let’s go. I have confidence we can beat Bayern. To be Champions, we have to play the best. If we get through the quarters and semis, the Final will be a breeze..”
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Not again!’, ‘Keep him away’ – Man City fans react as Journo drops transfer update on Mason Mount
- ‘If Pep wants him get him’, ‘Would be a massive signing’ – Man City fans react as club pushing to sign €40m ‘amazing’ midfielder
- ‘Bring him here Txiki’, ‘The Next John Stones!’ – Man City fans react as Sheffield United star reveals desire to play for the club in future
- ‘Surely he’s coming’ – Man City fans react as Josko Gvardiol reveals conversation with Pep Guardiola
- ‘Good!’, ‘Would’ve been stupid if we did’ – Man City fans react to club’s stance on Kalvin Phillips
- ‘Bring him home’, ‘He wants to come back’ – Many Man City fans excited with new Leroy Sane update
- ‘Hold that Madrid’ – Man City fans react as Erling Haaland’s stance on “dream” Real Madrid transfer emerges