Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims the club will bank almost £300m in prize money alone if they are able to clinch the treble.
Pep Guardiola’s men are just seven games away from completing the dream Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup haul.
According to The Sun, a fifth Premier League crown in six years is likely to be worth around £164m, similar to the figure they landed last season.
They revealed last month that a first Champions League trophy would earn the Etihad outfit £117.2m.
Guardiola’s side are favourites to reach the final next month following Tuesday’s 1-1 semi-final first-leg draw at Real Madrid.
And if City beat neighbours Manchester United in the FA Cup final at Wembley on June 3, that would see them trouser £3.9m — taking the total to a staggering £285.1m.
City have four league matches left, starting at Everton on Sunday and need nine more points to officially win the title.
The news was shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters.
@Sauce_Monstar: “And rival fans cry about our “Oil Money” when in fact its really the money from how successful we are..”
@MigoMCFC: “Oh no, how will the league compete against us”
@talkmancitypod: “Just enough to ruin football some more”
@ladiesluvbrando: “More than enough for Kylian Mbappe.”
@tommiedotjpg: “Let’s get this money”
@tevezszn32: “Other clubs aren’t aware that we get money this way. It’s all from inflated sponsors I thought.”
@JoeHartAke: “We finally found leverage for the revenue claims.”
@Jacob4rmstrong: “And if we do the treble and spend £200+m rivals will ignore this and claim that we don’t have the highest revenue and it’s all ‘DoDgY OiL MoNEy’. It must be really sh*t to support a club that isn’t City lol”
@futureadiankpo: “Gotta win the second leg first. Don’t get carried away guys, one game at a time.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘I have a feeling’: Wayne Rooney makes prediction for FA Cup final between Man City and United
- Manchester City are set to earn a record £166MILLION after clinching their third straight Premier League title
- Erling Haaland and Kevin De Bruyne on the verge of smashing Thierry Henry record
- Erling Haaland makҽs morҽ Prҽmiҽr Lҽaguҽ history aftҽr rҽcord-brҽaking sҽason
- ‘Jorge Mendes is nuts’, ‘He’s no Bernardo Silva replacement’ – Man City fans react to report linking Real Madrid star with a move to the Etihad
- ‘I just pray this works out!’, ‘we’d be unstoppable’ – Man City fans react as club eyes an ambitious swoop for Bayern Munich star
- Report: Man City will let their ‘incredible’ player leave this summer for just £35m